gTVG TV Guide news
.: 2007-09-24 :. gTVG version 0.3 released
Heavily delayed, mainly because of hardware troubles, a new version of the gTVG TV Guide is now ready.
This version includes many new features including a program grid (in addition to the list) and PVR functionality.
- Grid view
- Edit favourite dialog
- Custom reminders for different favourites
- Matching of partial title for favourites
- Reminder duration option
- Option to play sound for reminders
- Recording of favourites with possibility to prioritize or disable separate occasions, and suspend and wakeup
- Nice formatting of program description text
- Category editing - rename, group and colourise
- Configurable start of day
- Support for XMLTV audio properties
- Support for --slow grabber command line option
- Support for tv_grab_au and tv_grab_cz
- Many minor enhancements and bug fixes.
.: 2007-07-24 :. gTVG version 0.2 released
- Improved user interface.
- French and Spanish translations.
- Support for custom XMLTV command and new XMLTV grabbers.
- Categories list (and filter).
- Show time left in reminder.
- Status icon tooltip with current and upcoming programs.
- Channel customizations: rename, select icon and reorder.
- Support for more program parameters and nicer display of star rating.
- Improved speed and reliability by not using tv_sort.
- Many bug fixes and minor enhancements.
.: 2007-07-06 :. First version of gTVG TV Guide version released
After little more than a week of hard work, gTVG is now available to the world.
Get it here.
- Nice clean GTK+ interface.
- Display every program, hide past, show specific day, specific channel, or show only favourites.
- Search in all data (title, description, categories, etc.) or for next occurrance of program or favourite.
- Favourites - can be restricted to channel, time or one occassion. Distinctly displayed in the program list.
- Reminders a configuarable time before favourite show starts.
- Blacklist - hide annoying programs.
- Tray icon.
- XMLTV backend - easy configuration and updates, and monitoring of data changes (from cronjob, ontv, etc.). Display of all relevant data.